Sepia Saturday - Lorraine and ship on Lake Michigan


Sepia Saturday- This week's prompt was the picture above featuring a view of a river or bay.  My interpretation of the prompt shows two pictures taken the same day at Navy pier featuring my mother and a ship on Lake Michigan. My grandfather would take my mother to the pier to to watch the ships so that my grandmother could have some down time.  My mother developed a love for ships and boats.  She joined the Marine Scouts in high school and often sailed on Lake Michigan.


Navy Pier, Chicago, Illinois Lake Michigan 1938



Lorraine Skibbe at Navy Pier

Comments

Sherri said…
Very sweet photos. I especially love the one of your mother holding her dolly and gazing out at the ships. She looks like she was imagining sailing away on them.

Popular posts from this blog

Poundstone Family death certificates

Tucson History - St. Mary’s Hospital and Sanitarium

52 Ancestors: #1 William Adolph Emil Skibbe